Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Happy Easter...

I knew that Easter was going to be a little different here in Korea, but I also didn't want it to not exist! On Saturday we went to an Egg Eggstravaganza in downtown Daegu. It was a egg scavenger hunt that took us all around the downtown area to different businesses. At one point we were all running. Other times we were standing scratching our heads at a loss. I didn't think it was going to be as hard as it was, but it was pretty hard! We actually stopped on the 7th clue (out of 10 clues)  because we were stuck on it, and tried out a new Nitrogen Ice Cream place that we had walked by many times during the day! So basically we won...


The ice cream at this place wasn't anything special, but I will say that the presentation was super cute! We all tried different kinds. I tried the marshmallow flavor, but all of the flavors, Ben's strawberry ice cream was the best! 






On Sunday, I invited some friends to my house. My house is quite small, but I rearranged by furniture to make room for people. I wish I could have invited more people...

For the dinner I made: breaded chicken breasts, mashed potatoes, creamed corn, deviled eggs, and a cheesecake. I also made some ranch dressing which was such a great treat since I haven't had it in 8 months! Other people brought food items like chips and dips, veggies, chicken, and even a strawberry pie! All of it was amazingly wonderful! I even had some great things to add to the dinner that were sent from my awesome family back home!

While I was cooking some of the food, Ben skyped his parents and hid Easter eggs around my apartment. People were excited to find all of them, but then it went out of our minds and people left so we didn't get to do it! I guess I will be finding Easter eggs in the days to come...At least they aren't hard boiled eggs...

Monday morning I skyped my family before their Easter egg hunt. I was jealous of the food that they were going to eat, but thankful for my friends here in Korea that could celebrate with me so I wasn't lonely. Plus, we really did get some great food as well!















No comments:

Post a Comment