Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Korean Pear...


I had never seen a Korean pear until I came to Korea. They are round and much larger than an apple. The texture is still similar to an American pear, but a little bit harder. My co-teacher, Ms. Nam's husband's family owns a farm. On this farm they have different kinds of fruit. The other day she brought this Korean pear. It wasn't a regular Korean Pear... Usually they have darker skin, almost a brown or tan color. She told me that most of the Korean pears in Korea, are actually a variety from Japan. But....the really really sweet, good ones are a variety from Korea. Go figure!

This pear she brought was one of the best things I have tasted in Korea. It was truly delicious. I tried to see if she could bring some more home the next time she went to the farm, but she wasn't able to go in time. Apparently, there are very few of this variety in Korea. I find this sad. I like them significantly more than the regular Korean pears...

No comments:

Post a Comment