Friday, August 2, 2013

A day with Angie & Malcolm



While we were in England, we really wanted to try to see all of the people that had become part of our family a few years earlier. One thing that Leigh and I both really looked forward to was going on a walk with Angie, Nel, and Malcolm. These walks were truly treasured during our year in England. They got us out of the city and into nature! This year I was hoping that we would be in England during the blooming of the heather on the moors. Unfortunately I was a few weeks early, which is sad since it is on my bucket list! I guess this just adds another excuse to go back to England! :)










We went on a hike around Ogden waters. This happened to be our first walk with Angie when we came to England. This photo is from 2010 on top of the moors. --------->





We tried to take a photo at around the same place to recreate the picture from 2 years earlier! This photo is from 2013. --------->

Gosh! I missed Nel! What an incredible dog. One of my favorites that I have met! We could tell that she had gotten a little older, but she still had an amazing amount of energy! 
As we rounded the last bend of our walk it started to sprinkle...We thought that it would be a typical slow light rain in England, but BOY were we wrong! IT POURED as we ran to the car. The hardest rain I have ever seen in England! And funny enough, Angie parked far away up a hill to leave space for other people. I think she was regretting that decision in the end. We all looked like drowned rats. 
Afterwards we went back to Malcolm and Angie's house and enjoyed one of their lunches with some of Malcolm's homemade bread! YUM! 
Thanks Malcolm and Angie for a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment