Sunday, August 4, 2013

Forever and Always- Mr. & Mrs. McEvoy




 The main reason that Leigh and I came back to England was for the wedding of our dear friend Abigail Sulc to her wonderful man, Adam McEvoy. 
Their wedding was the most amazing wedding that I have ever been too. This wasn't just because of the two extremely cool Americans who started off the show with a reading... No, it was the overall feel of the entire day. Abby had done a great job of planning that everything flowed perfectly and was a relaxing day. Well, for most people... I had a bit stressing since I was taking flower/moving flowers/ worried about flowers blah blah blah...What would a wedding be without me stressing of these things!
Abby walked down the isle to the song "Seasons" by the band Mae. Leigh was in heaven because Mae is her favorite band. During the music portion of the program, Adam's dad was rocking out of the drums. It was so cool to see this beautiful old Anglican church so loud and full of music. The music was really great and even non-church goers enjoyed it immensely!


1 Corinthians 13:1-7

The Message (MSG)

The Way of Love

13 If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don’t love, I’m nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate.
If I speak God’s Word with power, revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith that says to a mountain, “Jump,” and it jumps, but I don’t love, I’m nothing.
3-7 If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don’t love, I’ve gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I’m bankrupt without love.
Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn’t want what it doesn’t have.
Love doesn’t strut,
Doesn’t have a swelled head,
Doesn’t force itself on others,
Isn’t always “me first,”
Doesn’t fly off the handle,
Doesn’t keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn’t revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.


After the ceremony, family and close friends went to the reception venue for a nice meal. The food was amazing. Appetizer was bruschetta. My main course was an amazing lamb shank on a bed of mashed potatoes. For desert you could either order a brownie or strawberry shortbread. This is where I went completely wrong. I had told Abby months ago that I wanted both...but I had to pick one and I went with the minority- the strawberry shortbread. I had tasted numerous brownies in my time in England and I was repeatedly disappointed so I thought that I would try my luck with the shortbread. Who would have known that this would have been the first good brownie ever made in England! Luckily the bride filled up, and I got about 1/3 of hers... It was wonderful!
After the dinner, which was spread out over hours, there was a time of cleaning up (which is when we found time to take another jumping picture) and then on the dancing! Guests from the wedding showed back up to take part in the dancing and appetizers. Adam had some fun groomsmen and groomswoman that were fun to hang out with. It was such and amazing night. The dancing was fun and British people at weddings are fun and wild dancers!  

It really was a perfect day! Congrats to Adam & Abby McEvoy!






I like this tree. At first I thought it looked lonely. But it's probably not lonely, It's probably just independent. Strong. Then I thought that it probably has a best friend tree - and that just because you can't see the best friend tree in the picture doesn't mean it's not there.
...'cause in the end, best friends are always there.


1 comment:

  1. This is really really lovely - Abby has such good friends (i.e. full of goodness). You really made our daughter's wedding extra special. In fact you girls are special and will surely be blessed in the days and years ahead.

    ReplyDelete