Sunday, September 1, 2013

Daegu International Bodypainting Festival


I love that in Korea, there is a festival to go to almost every weekend! It creates many great photo ops and also keeps the culture flowing in all of us foreigners. I am actually running into the problem of overbooking. More than one awesome festival on the same weekend? Not cool! I guess that means I will have to stay in Korea for 2 years...
On my first weekend in the "real world" Korea, we found out about this festival in one of our local parks, Duryu Park. Being an artist I thought the idea was really intriguing, and wasn't until I went that I was pleasantly surprised! Some of the models were so cool! The artist did an amazing job!
This also was the first time that I was exposed to Korean photographers. My cousin had warned me on this subject, so I knew to make sure that I got my elbows up so that I could get a good spot to get a good photo. So when you looked through the crowd of Asian men with cameras, my face definitely stood out a bit... After a while of sitting on my knees, a nice man next to me gave me a mat to put under my knees! It was a lifesaver! :)




This was actually my favor artist/model combination! Unfortunately I moved some settings on my camera and didn't realize that I was overexposing all of the images except for this one as the model was leaving the white background! Lame...










No comments:

Post a Comment