Saturday, September 28, 2013

Take me out to the ball game...

 
I believe that I was in desperate need of a fall athletic event to cheer for. I'm missing football and the atmosphere of the game in the chilled evening air. To try to replace these longings for football, we went to the last Daegu Samsung Lions game of the year. There were a few interesting points during the game that I would like to point out:
1. When we purchased tickets I was under the impression that we would have a seat. This was not the case. I think they oversold by about 1000 tickets or so. People were sitting/standing in the isles everywhere. Definitely against the fire codes in the States...

2.  You were allowed to take in your own food and drinks! Koreans were walking in with a dozen pizzas and cases of beer and tubs of chicken! It was crazy! They also so tons of food there too!

3. The Korean Chants: They were wonderful! We made up the words because we had no idea what was being said... It was still fun to join in! The tunes were very familiar to us...just not the words.

4. Something I have not seen since my days in pee wee baseball. THERE WAS AN INFIELD HOME RUN! Say whaaaaaaaaat? And no, it was not done by our team... I couldn't believe it!  

We ended up losing the game, but it was still a great time. Koreans do really love their baseball! It is a different kind of atmosphere and game than in the States. It is a lot more livelier and dramatic! I look forward to going to more games when they start back up in the spring.
 

 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment