Sunday, September 22, 2013

Chuseok Holiday- Busan

The Chuseok Holiday is very similar to the Thanksgiving holiday in the States. And they year, Chuseok fell on a Thursday, so it seemed even more similar. For the first part of Chuseok, I went to Busan to visit my Kiwi friend Emily. I'm so glad that I can say that I have a Kiwi friend that I love! It was a mission of mine from the start! It is just a bonus that Eeeeemily (as I like to call her) is AWESOME! :) 
It was a beautiful 2 days in Busan. Busan is an hour away from Daegu by KTX train and is on the south eastern coast. It has a few great beaches and to be honest, most foreign teachers not placed in Busan are a little jealous of the teachers that are placed there...
We went to a part of Busan that was very colorful and had a lot of art painted on the walls. It was also I great view of the city. 


The next day we spent a bit of time at the beach. I hear that it is quite a site to see when the beach is "open" because every square inch is filled with umbrellas! I will look forward to seeing that at some point in the future. During this weekend, there were some Koreans, but mostly foreigners because the Koreans were visiting their families for Chuseok!
It was a low stress couple of days with Emily just doing what we wanted and exploring Busan! I loved it and look forward to going back for Halloween and the Firework Festival! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment