Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Holi Hai...A festival of color and love! - BUSAN


We couldn't have asked for better day with nicer weather for this festival. Holi Hai was put on by the IIK (Indians in Korea). Holi Hai is Hindu festival that is really big in Indian, and luckily the Indians in Korea are cool enough to share this tradition with all of us in Korea.

As we walked to the beach, we saw some guys putting saran wrap on his canon camera, and I asked if I could buy some saran wrap for my camera as well. They were so awesome that they helped me wrap up my camera and it worked pretty well! I wasn't able to review my photos, so it was like the good ol' days when you had to wait to view your film! Luckily, I think I got some fabulous shots!

When we got to Haeundae Beach in Busan we got our color powder, free samosa, and coke. The samosa was so good and just what I needed!
Once the countdown happened, color powder was thrown everywhere. There was "loud Bollywood" music as according to the schedule- with lots of dancing and continuous colors being thrown!

The fun is pretty obvious in the pictures...








 I took special pride in Ben's face, because I made it what it was...Every color was present and the final outcome was awesome...He was beautiful! ahaha
After the festival we brushed off ourselves, and used a wet wipe, (mull tissue) to clean off our faces. Then we went and ate Mexcian food! What a great day!
It was a bit of a hike home, with a train, bus and bus. Ben had a train, bus, bus, and bus, so I made it home before him! Also lost my puma bag on a train and had an emotional breakdown because I didn't get to say goodbye. Also cried for the peanut butter oreos, dried mangos, and grape juice that also perished in the bag.... :(



No comments:

Post a Comment