Tuesday, March 18, 2014

New School Year Teacher Dinner...

Back to school, Back to school... Oh Billy Madison get out of my head...

This last week we started our new school year, and while we just had a teachers dinner with the old principal as a leaving do, we also just had a school dinner with the new principal and teachers. This time we went to a place that was known for their "black chicken soup", or at least that was how it was translated to me! yay! Oh, and I was told that I wouldn't like it because it is healthy....
Of course this healthy word made me nervous so I didn't know what to expect, but this teachers dinner ended up being my favorite so far! I ate sooooo much. I didn't eat much of the "black chicken soup" but I scarfed down the rest.
We started off the meal with marinated duck. It was delicious! We made it like barbeque and wrapped it in our lettuce leaves. Because of seating being weird, Hyuni and I ended up sitting with the 3rd grade teachers, so yay, new friends for me. I learned from my new friend that Westerners don't like garlic! News to me...since I LOVE garlic! I set him straight, no worries...
The salad dressing that was on the lettuce was AMAZING, so I ate it all and asked for more...
Then came the soup. It was black. It looked like the kind of fake soups I would make as a kid by putting mud, grass and other stuff together. The other teachers thought that was funny. They didn't even eat the soup. I think that is a sign. I finally found out that it was sesame seeds that turned the soup black. Interesting...
I ate a ton! Which in my mind, since I pay every month out of my paycheck for these meals, I NEED to eat a ton! Considering what I have eaten in the past, I have a lot of ground to make up! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment