Wednesday, September 17, 2014

New Vice Principal dinner...

This semester our Vice Principal left our school to become a Principal in another school, so we got a new Vice Principal at Woonam Elementary. To celebrate we went on another teachers dinner.

I was very excited to go to this teacher dinner because we were going to a restaurant that we had already gone to and the previous time I was there, I absolutely loved it! This was the place that had the delicious marinated duck.

This time my experience was much different. Apparently this time the duck had a weird sweet taste to it. I didn't mind it but I couldn't really get a real answer to whether or not I was in danger if I ate the meat or not. My co-teachers had them take away the meat and brought us out a new kind of meat. I was so disappointed because I was NOT a fan of the new meat. My co-teachers weren't really into this new meat either, so no one really ate anything. 

I know that they were regretting sending it back a little. I know I was! 


At the end we were given some Heukimjajuk 흑임자죽 which is a black sesame soup with duck meat in it. It was more like a porridge. Because I hadn't eaten much else, I ended up eating most of this.

There was an awkward moment at the dinner. All of the teachers had to go to the front and introduce their selves to the new Vice Principal. When the subject teachers went up to the front to do this, apparently no one wanted to talk into the microphone. The P.E. teacher just kept shoving it into my face. I tried to pass it off because it make no sense for me to introduce all of the subject teachers when I don't even know their name, but he kept throwing it into my face and no one else took it. It was so awkward.... I ended up taking it for one second and introduced myself. It was REALLY awkward, and annoying, but I really didn't care as soon as it was over. ahaha



No comments:

Post a Comment