Monday, January 10, 2011

Happy Christmas!

This is the latest blog post known to man, but I thought it would be nice to give you all an insight to our Christmas over here in England. We were planning on traveling to Scotland over the Christmas break, but unfortunately we were all sick during key planning time, and it got out really expensive. Instead, we stayed home and enjoyed our time here. 

I made my friend Natalie's AMAZING sugar cookies. Leigh, who claimed she didn't like sugar cookies liked them. They didn't have many sprinkle options, so I colored sugar with food coloring!
My gift for the girls this year was a homemade customized "Radical Journey" stocking. I stuck down the night before and hung them up! 
It is a great tradition here to send Christmas cards to everyone that you happen to know... We received cards from people who don't even know our names, or at least which one of us is which. We put the cards on our wall in the shape of a tree! A few of the cards were sent to the wrong address, with no return address, so we opened them and put them on the wall too! 
Leigh told me about a tradition that her uncle had where he "Santa" puts up wrapping paper over the door of the room with the presents. Soooo, I snuck down late Christmas Eve to put up wrapping paper! In the morning we had to bust through!

Christmas morning we went to St. Wilfrid's Anglican Church. We all had a figure for the nativity scene. When Paul asked for Joseph he was no where to be found, so I offered up my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle that my brother Daniel and his wife Melissa had sent me for Christmas! (By the way, we were suppose to take a Christmas present to Church. It's not like I carry it everywhere I go! haha)




1 comment:

  1. hahaha! I LOVE the stockings (wish I had one... lol!). I love the wrapping papers! But most of all I love Joseph the Turtle! (You know you carry that with you!)

    ReplyDelete