Monday, November 11, 2013

Heads Up!


Look what I found in my coat pocket? At first I was confused...This means many things:

1). It is cold enough for me to get out my coat... :(
Our weather here is Korea is very similar to back home in Kansas. I know that back home it is getting down to freezing temperatures and snow is threatening to fall or starting to fall in a few places. We haven't had snow yet here but it is getting to the freezing temperatures at night.

2). I've acclimated to Korean money...
When I first picked this penny up, I was very confused and had to do a double take. I think that means, that I have gotten used to the money system here in Korea. I talk in Won when talking about money and for the most part don't even think about US dollars.

3). Heads Up!
I know that we all have days here that we struggle and wish that we were somewhere else. It is very difficult to miss important things in the lives of the ones you love back home. We all know it. We all struggle with it, but the mission is to be able to find blessings in the ordinary things in your life that can bring you joy. This bit of home brighten my day in the way that I was able to think about how lucky I am to have an opportunity to be on this amazing adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment