Monday, May 19, 2014

Duck Boats at Suseong Lake....



Hmmmm.... what to do in Daegu on a weekend...?
Whenever I have this thought I start to attack things that are one my bucket list for my time here in Korea.

# 22. Ride the duck/swan boats

It was a beautiful day and we had no reason not to! Now, I will say that Ben is really easy going about wanting to do all of these super cheesy couple-uh things. I would even go as far to say that he enjoys them and wants to do them! ;)

In Daegu, the best place to ride these duck boats is at Suseong Lake. Suseong Lake is a bit of a journey from where I live in Chilgok, so Ben and I made it an all day activity! Fortunately, there actually is a bus that goes directly from my house, down Chilgok, through downtown and all the way across Daegu to Suseong Lake. Unfortunately, this bus ride takes over and hour to get there!


It cost us 10,000 won to paddle around the "lake" for 30 minutes. I say "lake" becasuse it was more like a large pond. The watershed next to my house in Kansas is bigger than this "lake". That being said, it was a very enjoyable time. We really just paddles out to the middle and mostly floated. Ben cracked open a beer and we just put our feet up and enjoyed the weather, water, and company. The 30 minutes went way too fast. I could have stayed out there for hours!

Oh I forgot to mention: We also got a FREE Polaroid picture of us in front of our boat. :)

I honestly can't WAIT to do this again. Next time I want to go around sunset. There is a fountain in the middle of the "lake", and I think it would be beautiful at that time of day.








No comments:

Post a Comment