Friday, November 14, 2014

Officially 1 year... :)

I guess I should go on record by saying that the last year of my life has been my happiest one to date. While I tried to embrace my single years and enjoy doing things, I was always missing a little something... A random decision to teach a year in Korea, and that resulted in me meeting my man at our EPIK orientation. I'm so grateful that I did.
Ben offers so much to my life. He is so darn calm and mellow and therefore mellows me out... He has just the right amount of goof, and young-ness to keep me young at heart. (Hence, the rubberband guns, whistles and practice swords in our house.) He calls me out when I am being crazy and unfair. He "goes with the flow" to the point that we end up doing random unplanned things that are great memories. He makes me feel special and loved, and really that is all that a girl can ask for! :)
Now, we really didn't have anything too crazy planned for our "official" anniversary. We were maaaaybe going to go to Duryu park and potentially go up the tower....maybe. After some very busy weekends prior to this weekend, we both just really wanted to stay home and do NOTHING!
This actually resulted in us HAVING to figure out how to order delivery McDonalds....
Now in America, I am not the biggest McDonald's fan, but in Korea- things are just different. Sometimes you need that taste of home... Also, I find it absolutely hilarious that you CAN order delivery McDonalds so I had put it on my bucket list. I am in the mode of trying to cross things off my bucket list, so we thought this was the perfect time!
Ben discovered that McDonalds has a website that we can order on, and thus meaning we don't have to give our address over the phone! Score! We ordered our food, and then 15 minutes later we got a phone call that it was here! While it wasn't as hot as when you eat in the store, the satisfaction that we got from our first delivery order was immense!


Another thing we did this weekend was eat Russian pancakes. I had been wanting to introduce this family tradition/recipe to Ben for some time now, and this was the perfect time! I love these things, and remember being so happy when my dad would make them for us! Here's the recipe:

Russian pancake:
2 cups flour
2 eggs
2 cups milk
pinch of salt

Chocolate sauce:
2 heaping Tbsp. cocoa
1/2 c. sugar
2 c. heavy cream

I taught Ben the "proper" way of eating them, and then he also had his own version....like I said- kid at heart! :)


I have accumulated a great stash of cake mixes since coming to Korea, so I thought that we should have one for our anniversary. It was too much for us to eat so we invited some friends to join us and then afterward went to the disc golf park. 
Ben's friend from Wisconsin (who lives in Gimcheon), Alex and his girlfriend Clarissa joined us, as well as our friends Matt and Maria. Discing was a good time, even though we somehow managed to loose a disc in the least dense tree grove we could have.... After it got dark we went with Alex and Clarissa to try out the new burger joint in town- Boogie Burger. It was actually the best we have had in Daegu.
Hopefully we can have a day like this many more times while we are in Korea! Overall it was a great weekend for Ben and I, not just together, but also great we got to spend some of it with friends. 
I look forward to many more anniversaries this this special guy!



Oh, I almost forgot....
After we ate burgers we went shopping for our anniversary gift! We previously decided that we weren't going to do individual gifts but instead we would buy a nice couple outfit. We were originally going to try to find a track suit (like Adidas or something), but they were sooooo EXPENSIVE!
We settled on a pancoat sweatshirt, which was still really expensive, but wearing it is like wearing a cloud... It is so comfortable AND it has POCKETS!

1 comment: