Wednesday, June 22, 2011


"With a little help from my friends..."
-The Beatles

A little help from my friends
What would you think if I sang out of tune,
Would you stand up and walk out on me.
Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song,
And I'll try not to sing out of key.
I get by with a little help from my friends,
I get high with a little help from my friends,
Going to try with a little help from my friends.
What do I do when my love is away.
(Does it worry you to be alone)
How do I feel by the end of the day
(Are you sad because you're on your own)
No I get by with a little help from my friends,
Do you need anybody,
I need somebody to love.
Could it be anybody
I want somebody to love.
Would you believe in a love at first sight,
Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time.
What do you see when you turn out the light,
I can't tell you, but I know it's mine.
Oh I get by with a little help from my friends,
Do you need anybody,
I just need somebody to love,
Could it be anybody,
I want somebody to love.
I get by with a little help from my friends,
Yes I get by with a little help from my friends,
With a little help from my friends.


What a fabulous weekend with my friends. When I signed up for this Radical Journey, I had no idea that I would develop such meaning relationships with the people here. I absolutely adore my girlies here and I cry when I think about leaving them...God has given me a gift.


 'Ello Lov! 
What an amazing experience this year has been. When I look back on my time here I am completely amazed at the random things that have linked up to form an memorable year. I don't know if I have ever felt more "placed" into the right situation ever in my life. The fact that I ended up in Linda's classroom before I even knew Abby, and that Leigh went into year 5 where June and Helen work was just meant to be. 
Recently a friend from New Zealand asked me, "Are you ready to leave a whole new set of friends?" The answer is...No, I don't want to leave these people. I just want them to come with me and add them to my amazing friends back home! The fact that I have less than 3 weeks left with them is really starting to sink in. I've spent 10 months building relationships with the people here and it will be really hard to not see them all the time. I've spent so much time with good ol' Leigh and we've gotten really close. It would have been a completely different experience this year without her. She is just so funny and clever and always entertaining in some way. 
I love the way that Helen giggles at everything and her "oh my days" comments. She's so kind and thoughtful and always is there to lend a helping hand. "OH MY GOD, THAT'S OOOUUR HELEN!" June is probably the kindest person that I have ever met. She is so respectful and will always try to find the positive in every situation and every person. She is so good with the kids at school and continues to amaze me all the time! She has such an energy about here and promotes happiness to the people she's around. I'm going to miss my Norwegian! Someday I hope that I can make it to Norway..."SHE SAID THAT!!!" 

"A" is for "Amazing" and "Abby"! It's going to be really hard leaving that girl here in England. When I've gotten myself so behind and stressed at school, Abby is always there to help get me caught up and back to saneness. She's been a great person to confide in and share this experience with. I think about the fact that I didn't even know Abby when I signed up to work in 4M...What are the odds, that I would land in the year group with my future British lifer. She is very important to me and will continue to be even as I go home. God has put these amazing people in my life and I want to take every opportunity to spend as much time with them before I leave as possible. I know that I will miss certain things about England, but what I will really miss is everyone that I've met here. We've been talking about how we are going to meet up in the future...










No comments:

Post a Comment