Monday, July 28, 2014

English Festival- Scratch art...

Like I said about the paper football "English Festival", I am able to teach whatever I want for 4 lessons a year, and I wanted to introduce scratch art to the kids. It is not really a thing here in Korea, and most of the students were doing this for the first time. 

Because of this, they were little angels. I have never had a lesson where I had to pay attention less! I was almost lost and didn't know what to do with myself! ahah

The lesson I taught first was about different patterns : polka dots, check, plaid, floral, stripes, paisley, and animal print. After that, I gave all of the students a piece of scratch paper, and had them divide their paper into 7-9 spaces. Then, they went for it with patterns. Some classes were really creative and made their own patterns, while others just did the ones I showed them. Either way, I can't even remember 1 student you wasn't interested in this activity! Even the ones who didn't especially like "art" still were very much engaged...


Since I had so much free time while the student were creating, I made my own thing...

Again, I highly recommend this activity. I am lucky this year, and my English department has a nice budget and I was able to purchase materials. My first semester here, this would not have even been remotely possible, because I purchased my own materials by myself at that time.







No comments:

Post a Comment