Thursday, July 10, 2014

4th of July... Daegu style...




It only makes sense to celebrate the 4th of July on the roof of a South African friend with a bunch of other South Africans. I guess I should also mention mention that his place backed up to Camp Walker where they were having a firework display.
Now, this firework display was no Busan Firework Festival Display, but it wasn't too bad. It reminded me of the fireworks that they show sometimes after baseball games or a sporting event. 
We also had a barbeque and potluck that was super yummy. Ben even went further with his 'mericaness and drank a Budweiser beer. Whether or not he enjoyed it is debatable really...
Although I know that my time at home for the 4th of July is always a special time, I was thankful that I have great friends here in Korean that were willing to do extra work to celebrate a holiday that wasn't even their own!
The only downfall of the night was that I forgot to blow up my light up red, white, and blue balloons that were sent to me ages ago....I guess there is always next year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment