Thursday, November 11, 2010

Black is Back...

Black is Back, or maybe it never left England...

Black is my new favorite color. Excuse, me… favoUrite coloUr.  Ask any of my friends in the States. I am a brown girl through and through. I normally seek out brown things, and I would have never thought of buying black boots, or even wearing as much black as I do. Almost everything that I have accumulated here is one colour… black. And I am learning to love it.

Admittedly, I am not the most fashion involved person, and most of the time I haven’t the care in the world what others think of my clothes, but as this year goes on I am trying to step it up a bit.  I actually love the fashion here in England because it reminds me of my years in art school, anything goes! Leggings, tights, flats, and of course boots are huge here. Leggings are worn as pants, and layers are a must. They are very talented here layering their clothes. Most things here are black or shades of gray. After a ridiculously brass, wet winter day like today, it makes me wonder if this is the norm because of the weather.  I would have to take a guess and say, yes.

Now, it could be because their washing machines seem to turn bright colours and whites, gray; a greenish gray to be fair. I think it is easier to start at a gray colour that way you don’t have the frustration that we are finding ourselves in.  Either way, black is the in thing and I am finding myself enjoying it.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't baught anything except a pair of shorts so far, which were awesome Germany 3/4 shorts, that were WHITE!!! But there Awesome. Sorry I haven't read you blog till now... =/

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm... what happened to posting on every one? :) just you wait until summer is over down there! you'll have to buy something...plus you'll have to buy me a present!

    ReplyDelete