Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Hoopin' for children in need...


Shaunna hoopin' with ease...
This past Friday was a day of hula-hoopin' fun at school. The kids could wear their "spots" instead of their uniforms. The goal of course was to raise money for the non-profit British organization, "Children in Need". The kids even brought money to help. Each grade level had time in the hall to first practice their hula-hooping and then to compete. The select kids made it to the end where they then competed in front of the whole school in an assembly. No one from my class was the overall winner, but many of them were REALLY good. As the classes changed, some of us teacher had a go...and I must tell you....I am terrible. I always have been. As a child I really excelled at most sports, but I'll tell you what...hula hooping was NOT one of them.


Afshan and Ateeqa showing their spots

No comments:

Post a Comment