Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Lidget Green Christmas party

After 3 months at Lidget Green it was time to have some fun!
It required a lot of hard work to blow those
balloons up in the first place...just to let them go.
On Friday night, we were invited to our schools Christmas Party at the Guidepost Inn. For there meals there an entire room is full of people and a 3 course meal is served in one go. Lidget Green took up 3 table there out of the 8 in the room. I must say though, we (our staff) were the rowdiest by far! Maybe it was the fact that is was a time to let loose, or maybe it was the fact that we are surrounded by kids all day requiring us to act like adults and when the kids aren't there we can act like children. I'm pretty sure that was it! The hotel had put horns (like the ones you would get at a birthday party) on the table along with balloons that once filled and let go would fly like a missles! Not a smart idea with our group. I'm not sure if the horn blowing stopped at all for 2 hours! There were contests for who was louder. There was getting ones attention by blowing on it continuously. There was scaring people by the unplanned honk. It was ridiculous- in a good way! But, as you scanned the rest of the room and tables, no one else was blowing on their horns, or soaring their balloons like missles...just us! Funny enough, at one point, one of our lone male teachers grabbed a horn out of someones mouth and smashed it and this caused the other side of the table to whoop and cheer! One less horn to be blown- was all they were thinking! It was such a good night!
Yorkshire Pudding, Roast Beef, veg- potatoes and carrots (no sprouts)
Apparently the meal that we ate was 30 quid, but I'm hoping that some of that cost went for the atmosphere...the food wasn't anything fantastic. The food was 20 times better at Barbara's Christmas dinner! I did eat prawns and like them for the first time in my life...

We sat with our principal (a.k.a. headmaster) Mike Pope. He is a busy man and we hadn't much time to talk with him since we have gotten here, but he has always shown us great hospitality and you get a sense that you are appreciated. It was good to actually be able to talk with him and since he is not our boss in the same way as the other teachers, there wasn't the same weird feelings.
I wanted to be a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle with my problematic crown!
No kids around means a time to act like kids! :)
The second table of teachers!
After the meal, there was a dance floor with a D.J. that was absolute random. It may have been because he was dealing with a crowd from like 5 decades...Anyways, we danced it up and had a lot of fun. I don't dance for other when I do dance, I dance for me...In other words: I didn't care what I looked like when I danced and because of it, it was a BLAST! It may also have helped that there were 97.3% women present...and the other 2.7% were unavailable men! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment