Saturday, February 12, 2011

Leaving for Scotland in ONE WEEK!


Leigh and I leave for Scotland in one week and we are starting to get really excited! To get in the Scotland frame of mind, we listened to some wonderful traditional Scottish songs. I am loving this one:
(Of course you have to sing it in a Scottish accent...)
Donald, Where's Yer Troosers?
Just got in from the Isle of Skye
I'm not very big and I'm awfully shy
The lassies shout as I go by
Donald where's your troosers?
  • Chorus:
Let the winds blow high,
Let the winds blow low,
Down the street in my kilt I go
And all the lassies say hello
Donald where's your troosers? 
A lassie took me to a ball
And it was slippery in the hall
I was afraid that I would fall
'Cause I didn't have on my troosers
  • Chorus:
They'd like to wed me everyone
Just let them catch me if they can
You canna put the brakes on a highland man
Who doesn't like wearing troosers.
  • Chorus:
To wear the kilt is my delight
It isn't wrong, I know it's right.
The highlanders would get afright
If they saw me in my troosers.
  • Chorus:
Well I caught a cold and me nose was raw
I had no handkerchief at all
So I hiked up my kilt and I gave it a blow,
Now you can't do that with troosers.
  • Chorus:
Meaning of unusual words:
troosers=trousers (or pants in the US)

1 comment:

  1. I hope you have a wonderful time!!! I can't wait to see pictures and read about your adventures. Sorry I haven't kept up to date with this more, real estate has consumed me this last week + and you know how that is! We must skype before you leave!

    ReplyDelete