Friday, February 18, 2011

4M Flatties around the World!


Over the past couple of weeks, I have spent many hours organizing a project for the kids of 4M. For those of you who are familiar with the Flat Stanley books you will know that it is about a boy you is flattened by a bulletin board falling on him in the middle of the night. Because of Stanley's flatness, he is able to do incredible things and go on adventures, including going in the mail to visit family members. 
We are using this as a learning tool about other countries. After the kids decorated their flat people I arranged different countries for the kids to get sent on adventures. I have some amazing people helping me out and it turns out that they are going to 5 different continents. Whew! Talk about cool! I'm really excited about this project and so are the kids!
They wrote letter to the people they are sending them too and can't wait to hear back what they get to do while in that country. They kept asking me over and over, "Are you REALLY sending them?" They were even asking me as I was putting them in envelopes today! "Of Course!" I kept saying. I think they thought I was going to try to trick them! 


Hafsah, Ammar, Liam, Aisha, Uzair,  and Fayzah are going to visit Jane, Leigh's mom in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. 

Zishaan, Omar, Maryam, Usaid, Ayesha, and Nafisah are going to visit Melita in Germany. Melita is the wonderful mother of 2 of my past exchange students that lived with my family.

Afshan, Ayub, Nesreen, Anees, Shumrez, and Kamran are going to China to visit Nate. Nate is on the China radical journey team that is placed over there.

Neico, Samia, Ateeqa, Shammas, Haseeb, and Zakee are going to New Zealand to visit one of the girls that I spent a semester with, Karla. Karla has since married a Kiwi and is living in Auckland.

Amman, Mohamed, Tasneem, Shaunna, Aaqib, and Fahaad are going to visit my lovely cousin Kristen in South Africa. The kids are excited because Kristen is actually coming to England in June, so she will get to meet all the kids.

1 comment: