Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Scrap-booking on a Large Scale


 I think that every person that participates in this year of volunteer service through Radical Journey wants to feel useful to the people in our immersion locations. Luckily, I have been blessed with a wonderful team of teachers surrounding me that I respect immensely. I always want to be helpful and never a burden. That is hard sometimes to know your boundries, to know what is expected of you, and to follow through on everything. I sometimes find myself in the way or leaving things in weird spots around the classroom. I do get worried...
BUT...
The teachers have discovered my special skills- art skills that is. Because of this, I get to do art things the majority of the time, which is the best and easiest thing for me. Art and crafty things come natural to me and if I can take that worry off of someone else, it is a win for me. Recently I have been helping Linda by doing a lot of the boards around the room. When I think about it, it is basically like I am making a giant scrapbook page.







My favorite board that I've made, was the board about Kenya. Year 4 is looking into and learning about Kenya. This past week they were writing persuasive letters on whether to vacation in Kenya or not. Much of their work has focused in some way on Kenya and the culture. What a blast! I am loving school!
...And the best part....
These board are an easy way to impress all the kids, even if it is just for a bit!

1 comment:

  1. Nice! You could be a professional board designer! ;-) I bet the kids love them.

    ReplyDelete