Monday, December 23, 2013

Jagalchi Fish Market- Busan


The day after going to look at the lights, we didn't have much of a plan, but we knew we were just going to explore some more of Busan. I've been to Busan now 5-6 times in just over 4 months, and each time I feel like I find something new to do. 
We started out the day at the Nampo-dong Market trying to find some Christmas presents. We walked in on a knitting group, which I thought was cute. We didn't find exactly what we were looking for, but Sian found some ice cream. I find it funny that the South African who is always cold, wanted an ice cream in the freezing temperatures.... ahah


There is always street food in Korea. I'm not the biggest fan of it. Most of it is fried, and is sea food. Different foods are popular during different times of the year. During the winter, I have been told that the fish cakes on sticks are the thing-to-get! I'm personally not a big fan of the fish cakes, but I do see soooooo many Koreans eating them! 

After we walked around at the market, we meandered to the Jagalchi Fish Market. I found it a huge blessing that I was at the start of a cold and could not smell a thing! I think because of this, I really loved walking through here! I was like a scary aquarium, only you knew the fish and crazy looking creatures didn't have much of a life left. The weirder and scarier the better! 

We saw fish of all sizes and more squishy creatures than I am used to seeing, especially in Kansas! Many things were getting gutted, sliced and chopped, but that just added to the unique experience! 

I really enjoyed photographing this area, and the lighting was a dream! I'm sure it gets annoying to be the subject in so many photos when you are actually just trying to work, but to be fair, us foreigners are the subject of many stares when we are just trying to walk/talk/stand/sit/ and breathe.... :)
same same but different...












Directions:  Take the Orange metro line to Jagalchi Station.  Go out exit 10.  Walk straight until you see the market gate on your right, follow that street until the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment