Saturday, July 16, 2011

Chicago- Reorientation

After flying back from England we spent 4 days in Chicago for the reorientation portion of the Radical Journey. We stayed at a hostel near Millennium Park in downtown Chicago. It was a weird feeling to be back in Chicago again. As we were flying in, I looked at the window and saw all the buildings and finally it sunk in. I started to cry. I didn't have as many tears as I thought I would while in England, but that didn't mean I wasn't sad to leave everybody there. It just hadn't sunk in yet. As I spent time in Chicago and even now when I am in South Bend I keep thinking that I am on a vacation away from Bradford and that I will be going "home" to our house in Bradford. I'm guessing as time goes on, it will continue to hit me that I am not going back. I have to come up with a plan eventually for my life...
During orientation we talked about possible challenges, problems, and feelings that will arise in a reverse culture shock situation. I'd be lying if I said that the future didn't make me nervous. I have plans for the next few months, but after that point- open space. All those worries aside, it was great to get to catch up with the other teams and hear stories from Bolivia and China. 

No comments:

Post a Comment