Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My first driving experience...

I wanted to share my thoughts from the other day with you all...


"So... today I got into the front seat of my car for the first time in almost a year. I got into the left side of the car, which seemed weird. I thought that I was doing well as I drove down the single lane alley behind my brothers house, but then as we reached the road, I had a "wobbly moment". I just sat there for about 30 seconds trying to decide which side of the road I would turn out onto. I chose the right side..."

3 comments:

  1. yay! I didn't drive on the wrong side until December, and I almost hit someone head-on before I remembered. I'll be praying for you as you re-adjust

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry Marie, You let me drive you...and with all the continental driving I do....you now understand the difficulties...at least on the alley you didn't meet a tractor!! Angie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, in other words, you had a hard time the first time you drove? That's normal. I actually did worse when I got to drive for the first time. I almost hit a wall, shifted to the wrong gear, and even forgot to remind my passenger to fasten her seat belt. But I got better on the road with practice. It takes time for all of us to get used to all of it.

    ReplyDelete