Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Chit Chat

The past few days have been filled with a lot of talking and sharing and learning. We did activities in the park to challenge us as a group to work together and solve problems. It taught us a lot about setting goals and trying to achieve them. Later that day we shared our spiritual narratives with our team and with Darrell and Lyz (our program directors). This was a time to share how God has worked in our lives, where we feel closest to God, and the trials that we have gone through thus far. I feel that throughout the next year, my teammates, Bethany and Leigh, will probably know absolutely everything about me. I do look forward to that connection! 

A fun thing happened this weekend while doing laundry...We went over to Unique thrift store and I found a Chicago Cubs t-shirt and Anneliese had an unusual find! Anneliese is a JPUSA girl who was actually born and raised here. She has a 1 year old daughter named Chloe who is absolutely adorable! We have been getting close to many of the single women here at JPUSA, which has been really fun because we are able to spend some quality girl time. Anyways, Anneliese is getting married this next May and has been trying to find a wedding dress at thrift stores for a while now. She found one that she really liked and Bethany wanted to buy it for her, but she didn't have her money with her so she borrowed part of my rolls of quarters! It was so neat and special for Bethany to be able to buy her new friend her wedding dress for $3.75!!! Amazing! In the next few weeks we are going to alter and add to the dress to make it her own. We are all really excited for her! 
OK Bye!

5 comments:

  1. Yea, you really do need to work on your endings. Super Duper Akward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have way too much free time on your hands.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. JD- you are just getting to know me... for those who have known me for years, it all makes sense!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marie, I can say I am delighted to see that you put your September haikus on a different page. If I never have to see one from the day before- I'll be a happy camper. That creeped me out.

    okbye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww this is the 1st time i got to read your blog and i love it

    ReplyDelete