Friday, September 17, 2010

The Day Vince Vaughn talked to me....

Disclaimer: I am from Kansas and we really don't have the resources to EVER randomly run into a celebrity.

         So Friday afternoon we wanted to go get some pizza with one of Bethany's friends and Kartsen and J.D. downtown, and I was going to go after and pick up my friend Liz. After the pizza Bethany and her friend had to leave to get to a prior commitment and Kartsen and J.D. were too tired to walk with me to go get Liz so they decided to go home. Now, it really doesn't bother me to walk around Chicago by myself, but I was thinking that it would have been nice to have some company...
        I was walking through Millenium Park and I glanced over at the two big walls that have water on them with water coming out of them for kids to play in and I saw this man from the back..."That looks like Vince Vaughn...naw it couldn't be..." So I walked super fast so that I could get in front of him to take a picture of the art without it being obvious so I could prove that it was him. Mission accomplished! The picture proved it was him.To not look like a crazed fan, I acted like he was in my way for me to get a good picture of the art. He obviously was either used to getting his picture taken, or he just didn't care, because he made no attempt or apology for being in my picture. He just kept walking and put on his shades.
But for the final test...
I didn't actually figure I would hear his voice but apparently I happened to be standing in his path and he said..
"Hey, how you doing?"
"Good, how are you?"
That was the extent of the conversation and yes, his voice is the same as we have all heard in his movies. That's right, Vince Vaughn talked to me first...
  (Karma for those who left me by myself)

No comments:

Post a Comment