Friday, September 10, 2010

The Silent Treatment

Today, I am giving the silent treatment to the world... It's not out of anger or frustration, but because I am on a silent retreat. Sometimes you need to be silent to hear or see God.

When you are very quiet, you tend to hear how loud everything else is. I walked to the beach, and though the beach was breezy and peaceful, the streets on the way there were not. I noticed how quickly it is turning into fall, especially with the cool air coming off the lake.

I reflected on my time here so far. How sometimes it seems I have been here forever, and sometimes it seems like I just got here. I think about how Chicago at times, seems familiar to me and other times, I feel lost.

I think how my fellow team members and other team members sometimes feel like old friends and other times, they could not seem more foreign.

I think about the future and how God is going to work in my life, but it is hard to think about the future without assessing the past.

For those who know me, they know that I tend to fill the silence instead of embracing it. Today, the silence was embraced...

No comments:

Post a Comment