Friday, September 17, 2010

One B E A utiful weekend with many of my favorite people...

Liz and I at the Bean!
This last weekend was a good one for me. They had warned us that it could be weird to see your family again after already saying your goodbyes, but for me, I was seeing some people that I don't get to see very often anyways. On Friday night I went and picked up my good friend Liz Goering, one of my most treasured friends. We grew up going to camp together since 3rd grade and thus shared many many awesome adventures and special times creating a bond for life! She took the train over from South Bend and spent until Saturday late afternoon with me. We had some more good laughs and lots of fun!
Morgan, Me and Kristen
On Saturday afternoon, I was planning on meeting Morgan at the EL. There was going to be a little bit of an overlap with Liz and Morgan. I started walking down the stairs to the EL and I looked and saw Morgan, but I also saw my cousin Kristen who has been living in Utah. My grandmother had flown in Kristen to spend the weekend in Chicago with Morgan and I. What a GREAT surprise! We all went to the Renegade Craft Fair, which for those of you who are familiar with the Etsy website this was a huge gathering of vendors. All the homemade crafts were really neat to see, but 5 blocks of booths was a little overwhelming. After the fair we went back downtown and Liz and I ran to the train with 2 minutes to spare! That night I got to stay with Leigh and her mom Jane in an apartment in downtown Chicago on the 26th floor. The view was AMAZING! The apartment was AMAZING! The beds were AMAZING! The whole weekend was tiring, but AMAZING! We walked around, talked, viewed, and ate yummy dove chocolate given to us by the Dove boys on the corners. We saw "Cloud Gate" multiple times, and walked many miles. Kristen and Morgan even got to stay in the awesome apartment too. What a fun-filled weekend!

View from the balcony on the 26th floor!

No comments:

Post a Comment